In this episode, host Traci Arieli is joined by two peers in the death doula community, Kacie Gikonyo and Mikey Marin.
Topics covered include:
- The diverse roles and practices of death doulas.
- Collaboration with healthcare professionals.
- Managing compassion fatigue.
- Personal experiences in the field.
- Addressing fears and anxieties about death.
- Support for unresolved issues and end-of-life planning.
- Advocacy for personal healthcare choices.
- Coping strategies for anxiety surrounding death.
About Our Guests:
- Kacie Gikonyo: Founder of The Death Doula Collective and Death Doula School, Kacie brings her experience as a registered nurse to the forefront of death doula education and support. Learn more at https://www.deathdoulakacie.com.
- Mikey Marin: As the founder of The Healing Hearts House, Mikey combines her skills as a certified counselor and Advanced Reiki Practitioner to offer a holistic approach to end-of-life care. Learn More at: https://www.healingheartshouse.com.
- Traci Arieli: Founder of Comforting Closure, Traci is passionate about normalizing discussions about aging, dying, and grieving. She is a full-spectrum end-of-life doula and grief coach, supporting clients and their families through advance planning, legacy work, vigil sitting, and grieving.